Due to high demand, the morning sitting of Osborne Clarke’s next half-day “LBFF” gathering on 3 December 2008 is full up. But never fear, there’s now a chance to catch a re-run in the afternoon of our popular reprise of the key marcoms law events of the year plus a forecast of what’s in store in 2009! See here for the full programme and how to register.
Look Back, Face Forward ® – 2008/2009 Take Two
Due to high demand, the original, morning presentation of Osborne Clarke's 10th annual marketing law forum is full up, but here's a second chance to join us for an action-packed, half day look at the present and future of the marcoms law world
a special 10th birthday "Ads in the wars 1999-2008" prize quiz* on Wednesday 3 December 2008 at Osborne Clarke, One London Wall, London EC2Y 5EB (for a map and directions please click here) from 14.00 – 18.00, followed by wine and mince pies.
Special guest speaker:
Candice Kersh, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC, New York**
In the chair:
Stephen Groom, Head of Marketing and Privacy Law, Osborne Clarke
14.00 Registration and refreshments
14.15 Chairman's welcome – Stephen Groom
14.20 Top ten marketing cases of 2008 – Anna Montes, Associate and Phil Lee, Senior Solicitor, Osborne Clarke
- Major ECJ verdict in the "O2/3" bubbles ad case
- Yahoo!/Mr. Spicy landmark search engine marketing verdict
- Was Interflora's"free delivery" Mother's day offer really free?
15.00 Special 10th birthday "Ads in the wars 1999-2008" Prize Quiz* – Carla Basso, Associate, Osborne Clarke
15.15 Keynote address "Key US risks and developments for UK marketers" – Candice Kersh, Frankfurt, Kernit, Klein & Selz
- User generated content and marketing new legal frontiers
- How your advertising might land you in the US courts
- Branded entertainment-will the US end up in the same place as the UK on product placement rules?
- Shooting or airing in the US? Key points to watch
16.00 Tea break
16.30 Essential marketing control changes of 2008 – Nick Johnson, Head of Advertising and Sponsorship, Osborne Clarke
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations-an ad control revolution
- Ofcom's radical surgery to the Code on the Scheduling of TV ads
- Business Protection from Misleading Marketing-the misnamed sister to the CPRs
- The Direct Marketing Commission-new dawn for DM regulation?
17.10 What's in store in 2009? – Stephen Groom
- The Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Act-a new arsenal for trading standards
- New CAP and BCAP Codes
- The Audio Visual Media Services Directive in force in the UK-will product placement rules be relaxed?
- Data protection-new weapons for the ICO?
- Will CAP Code extend to website content?
17.50 Results of Quiz and Prize Awards – Carla Basso
18.00 Forum adjourns, followed by wine and mince pies
Delegate Fee: £175.00 + VAT
Registration Process: If you wish to register for this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An invoice will be issued on receipt of your completed e-registration.
N.B. Places cannot be confirmed until payment is received. Please note that all payments are non-refundable.
CPD: 3 hours accredited CPD is available to both Law Society and Bar Council members attending the entire seminar
Level: Update – Suitable for delegates with or without prior knowledge of the subject
Law Society CPD reference: BSQ/OSCL
All reasonable adjustments will be made upon request to assist any delegates with disabilities
* Prize Quiz Rules: Entry and chances to win open to all Look Back, Face Forward 2008/2009 ("LBFF X") delegates present for the duration of both "Prize Quiz" presentations during the event. Partners and employees of the Promoter, Osborne Clarke, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Closing time for entries will be the end of the Prize Quiz presentation starting at or about 15.00 at LBFF X on 3 December 2008.Only one entry and one prize per person. The prizes will be one Grand Prize of a case of champagne, two second prizes of a free delegate place at Look Back, Face Forward XI, December 2009 and three third prizes of an Osborne Clarke golf umbrella. These will be awarded to entrants scoring the six highest numbers of points in their answers to the Prize Quiz questions. In the event of ties, tie winners will be the first to correctly answer tie breaker questions. Prize winners will not be entitled to a cash alternative. Prizes will be awarded and any necessary ties broken during the "Results of Prize Quiz" presentation starting at or about 17.50 at LBFF X on 3 December 2008. The names and counties of the prize winners will be available until 31 December 2008. Send a stamped, addressed envelope to Tanya Scoot at Osborne Clarke, One London Wall, London EC2Y 5EB. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions, a warranty that by entering, the entrant is not in breach of their company's policies and procedures and an acceptance of liability for any tax or duty payable as a result of winning a prize.The decision of the Promoter on all matters will be final and binding.
**Candice Kersh is a partner in the Manhattan law firm of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz. She is one of the USA's leading advertising and marketing law practitioners and was recognised as such by "Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business" Directory. In 2008 Candice was the first lawyer ever to be named in the prestigious Advertising Age "Women to Watch" list and she is a frequent speaker at industry seminars and conferences.
If you would like any further information regarding this seminar please email email@example.com
Forward to a friend
Please feel free to forward this invitation to a colleague or friend who may wish to register for this event, but please (1) note that they will initially see your contact details until they have registered their own details with us and (2) only forward this invitation to those who you are certain will be happy to receive it.