…Osborne Clarke’s eleventh annual marketing law forum on 9th December 2009 with new ASA CEO Guy Parker giving the keynote. See the full morning programme at here and to register email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look Back, Face Forward ® – 2009-2010
Osborne Clarke's eleventh annual marketing law forum
on Wednesday 9 December 2009
at Osborne Clarke, One London Wall, London EC2Y 5EB
from 9.00am – 1.00pm followed by lunch
Special guest speaker:
Guy Parker, Chief Executive, Advertising Standards Authority
Guy took up the position of ASA Chief Exectutive on 29 June 2009, succeeding Christopher Graham. Formerly the ASA's Deputy Director General and Director of Complaints and Investigations, he has extensive experience of advertising self-regulation, both in the UK and Europe, handling of more than 25,000 complaints each year. Guy is also an Executive Committee Member of the European Advertising Standards Alliance.
09.00 Registration and breakfast
09.30 Chairman's welcome and last year's predictions – how did we do?
Stephen Groom, Head of Marketing and Privacy Law, Osborne Clarke
09.40 Top ten marketing cases of 2009
Anna Montes, Senior Associate, and Phil Lee, Senior Solicitor, Osborne Clarke
- L'Oréal & Ors v Bellure – key "smell-alike" comparative ad case reaches the ECJ
- Interflora and Marks & Spencer – a new dimension in Adwords litigation
- "No hidden nasties" – Aspartame and ASDA slug it out in soft drinks battle
10.20 Keynote address
Guy Parker, Advertising Standards Authority
11.00 Coffee break
11.20 Essential marketing control changes of 2009
Nick Johnson, Head of Advertising and Sponsorship, Osborne Clarke
- Behavioural targeting – the industry acts to stave off the regulators
- Retail banking – the FSA extends its remit
- Implementation of the Audio Visual Media Services Directive
12.00 What's in store in 2010?
Stephen Groom, Osborne Clarke
- Major CAP and BCAP Code updates
- The Consumer Credit Directive's implementation and its impact on ads
- Broadcasting Code changes – potential opportunities for advertisers
12.40 Panel session / Q&A
13.00 Forum adjourns, follwed by buffet lunch
Delegate Fee: £175 + VAT
Registration process: If you wish to register for this event please contact email@example.com.
N.B. Places cannot be confirmed until payment is received. Please note that all payments are non-refundable.