Last few places left for second sitting of Osborne Clarke’s eleventh annual marketing law forum on 9th December 2009. With new ASA CEO Guy Parker giving the keynote, evening drinks and now an added delegate poll feature, take this last chance to join the marketing law event of the year. To register email Tanya Scoot and you can see the full afternoon agenda here.
14.15 Chairman's welcome and last year's predictions – how did we do?
Stephen Groom, Head of Marketing and Privacy Law, Osborne Clarke
14.25 Keynote address
Guy Parker, Advertising Standards Authority
15.05 Top ten marketing cases of 2009
Anna Montes, Senior Associate, and Phil Lee, Senior Solicitor, Osborne Clarke
- L'Oréal & Ors v Bellure – key "smell-alike" comparative ad case reaches the ECJ
- Interflora and Marks & Spencer – a new dimension in Adwords litigation
- "No hidden nasties" – Aspartame and ASDA slug it out in soft drinks battle
15.45 Tea and biscuits
16.00 Essential marketing control changes of 2009
Nick Johnson, Head of Advertising and Sponsorship, Osborne Clarke
- Behavioural targeting – the industry acts to stave off the regulators
- Retail banking – the FSA extends its remit
- Implementation of the Audio Visual Media Services Directive
16.40 What's in store in 2010?
Stephen Groom, Osborne Clarke
- Major CAP and BCAP Code updates
- The Consumer Credit Directive's implementation and its impact on ads
- Broadcasting Code changes – potential opportunities for advertisers
17.20 Panel session / Q&A
17.40 Forum adjourns, followed by drinks and nibbles
Delegate Fee: £175 + VAT
Registration process: If you wish to register for this event please use the 'Register' button below. An invoice will be issued on receipt of your completed e-registration.
N.B. Places cannot be confirmed until payment is received. Please note that all payments are non-refundable.
3 hours accredited CPD is available to both Law Society and Bar Council members attending the entire seminar
Level: Update – Suitable for delegates with or without prior knowledge of the subject
Law Society CPD reference: BSQ/OSCL
All reasonable adjustments will be made upon request to assist any delegates with disabilities
If you would like any further information regarding this seminar please email Tanya Scoot.