Welcome to the latest edition of Marketinglaw.
Our coverage includes the main updates from July 2022. Highlights include a summary of the ASA’s enhanced disclosure requirements for children under the age of 12 and a cautionary tale for retailers looking to promote the environmental benefits of their plant-based products.
1. Protection of children
3. Green claims
- ASA issues contrasting rulings on Tesco and Sainsbury’s plant-based environmental claims
- Climate change, the environment and the ASA
- Plastic grass falls foul of ‘eco-friendly’ claim
- Vegan friendly but not advertising friendly
4. Harm and offence / Social responsibility
- TPM’s promotional tickets to travel anywhere didn’t get off the ground
- The ASA takes up trainspotting
- Trailfinders’ ad found to mislead holidaymakers
You may also be interested in:
- This update on Indian advertising law from BTG Law, our relationship firm in India
Osborne Clarke webinars and insights
Media and Entertainment webinar series 2022
Our 2022 Media and Entertainment webinar series is underway. There are recordings of the digitalisation of advertising and online safety sessions, while the upcoming future of TV and of sport discussions on 21 June and 18 July respectively are open for registration.
Digital Regulation Timeline
We have created a UK and EU digital regulation timeline that is accessible from a web browser and sets out digital laws and regulations that are in force and in the pipeline. It is still in “beta mode” but, if you’re interested in accessing this, please get in touch.
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
All the best,
Editor & Associate Director